Make skin care easy! Instead of shopping for dozens of different products in dozens of different bottles, just collect a few basic supplies and enjoy a variety of simple, natural options right at your fingertips.
Rubbing Alcohol: a workhorse for cleaning and freshening. I use the 70% solution from the grocery store first-aid section.
Witch Hazel: an age-old go-to for soothing inflammation. In this case, be sure to choose a 100% witch hazel option – the generic first-aid-kind smells odd.
Essential Oils: a perfect way to customize your product for its particular use and your personal preference. I keep Peppermint, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary on-hand.
I keep these sprays around the house, in the car, and in my purse – they’re great for every-day and on-the go!
1. Peppermint-Eucalyptus Facial Toner: Naturally astringent, anti-inflammatory, soothes, promotes healing. This simple toner leaves skin clean and fresh.
2. Rosemary Hair Toner: Similarly, Witch Hazel is a perfect solution to static and fly-aways. A gentle mist will settle hair without leaving it greasy, and Rosemary is naturally good for your scalp.
3. Peppermint-Eucalyptus Skin Soother: Sometimes, life just gets a little itchy. Summer bugbites, sunburns, or dry winter days can all leave your skin irritated and scratchy. This spray is a quick, non-greasy path to instant relief while promoting skin repair.
4. Peppermint-Eucalyptus Hand Spray: Because it’s always a good time to clean your hands! An easy, non-greasy anti-bacterial spray that leaves your hands minty-fresh.
5. Peppermint-Eucalyptus Deodorant: It’s true! Just a simple alcohol spray can do wonders. Use a travel-sized spray bottle to keep on-hand for touch-ups throughout the day.
6. Peppermint-Eucalyptus Room Spray: A fast-acting deodorizer and freshener, this spray is great for a breath of fresh air at home or in the car.
7. Peppermint-Eucalyptus Linen Spray: This fragrance is especially well-suited to bedtime linens like pillowcases. It opens breathing passages, calms anxiety, and soothes minor aches.
For an extra touch of natural luxury,Pack a mason jar with lavender sprigs or rose petals. Cover with witch hazel or alcohol, secure with a lid, and place in a cool, dark location for a few weeks. Strain infused liquid, and you’ll have naturally fragranced bases to layer into your homemade skin care products – straight from the summer garden!
try infused sprays.
And there you have it! 3 simple pantry staples, 7 soothing self-care solutions, from a simple life on the homestead!
shop our line of hand-crafted, all-natural Artisan Soaps
for face + hands + body + hair.